Why Work with Pepper Bridge Winery?
Being a benchmark winery in the Walla Walla Valley for sustainability, innovation, and collaboration, Pepper Bridge Winery is uniquely positioned to give its employees the tools they need to be leaders in their field, whether they are new to wine hospitality or already immersed in the culture.
Pepper Bridge Winery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are looking for an individual who is gracious and hospitable with guests, and who is teachable and thoughtful but also comfortable bringing new ideas to the table. An ideal candidate will continue to grow in knowledge and expertise to become an ambassador for Amavi Cellars & Pepper Bridge Winery on and off the clock.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Seek to give every guest a top-tier experience
- Prepare tasting room for opening/closing
- Foster a community that will continue to visit because of the kindness, generosity of time, and attention with which they are served.
- Sell wine, experiences, and memberships, and impress customers with our quality and friendliness
- Know our wines be able to answer customer questions about our operations and locations
- Make suggestions to manager on ways to improve sales
- Maintain guest relationships
- Learn to recognize repeat customers
- Keep up with daily duties to keep operations running: efficiently answer phones, make appointments, wash/polish glasses, restock wine, etc
- Maintain working knowledge of neighboring tasting rooms, being prepared to give recommendations to support Washington wine and enhance the customers’ experience
- Daily cash till reconciliation
- Continually work to understand the point-of-sale app and be able to navigate past any problems that arise
- Show flexibility for special projects
Requirements of the position:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Required to work weekends and a flexible schedule for events and weekdays as needed
- Required to lift and move product weighing up to 50 pounds
- Required to engage in frequent walking and standing
- Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures
- Proficient computer skills able to problem solve, using POS systems
- The Associate is required to comply with state regulations for alcohol and food service once hired (MAST permit and Food Worker Card)
- Tasting room or hospitality experience preferred but not require
- Job Type: Part-time
- Salary: $16.28 – $17.00 per hour
- Expected hours: 15 – 25 per week
- Note that this position is in Vancouver, WA which is a joint satellite Tasting Room for both Amavi Cellars & Pepper Bridge Winery. Associates for this position will be representatives of both brands.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com resume