Welcome to Season 2 of Will it Pair!?, our series of exploring our wines with unique food pairings. By request, we’re taking a look at vegan options for our wines. We explore how bright acidity and earthiness in foods can be great friends to our wine.
- 2017 Trine (42% Cabernet Franc, 32% Cabernet Sauvignon, 14% Malbec, 9% Merlot and 3% Petit Verdot)
- 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon (76% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc, 5% Malbec, 5% Petit Verdot)
- 2017 Merlot (76% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Franc, 12% Malbec)
- Crackers & Mustard – Mary’s Gone Crackers original crackers with AJ’s Walla Walla Sweet Onion Mustard with Garlic
- Mushroom Bruschetta – Trumpet, shitake, & cremini mushrooms with caramelized shallot, olive oil, & thyme (recipe below)
Try your own food & wine pairing with the current release line-up!
3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1 small shallot, thinly sliced
14 oz mushrooms, sliced in ¼ in. pieces (we used a mix of trumpet, cremini, and shitake, but you can use any mushrooms you like)
1-2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp thyme leaves
Salt and pepper
Heat oil in large fry pan/skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and sauté until fragrant, and just softened. Add mushrooms and salt & pepper (don’t overdo salt at this point, as we will be adding soy sauce later) to pan and sauté a few minutes. Look for the mushrooms to release water and gain some color. When liquid is mostly evaporated, add thyme and soy sauce and stir together, just another 30 seconds or so. Taste for seasoning and remove from heat.
Slice baguette and drizzle with a little olive oil and toast. Pile on the mushroom mixture and serve immediately.