Tasting Room Associate
$16/hr | 20-28 hrs/week
Benefits include employee savings, flexible schedule, tips, and club commission
Position Summary and Overview
Pepper Bridge Winery is currently seeking a motivated and positive hospitality professional to join the tasting room team in Walla Walla, Washington. The ideal candidate will have experience in the wine industry and sales. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the values of excellence, innovation, sustainability, and collaboration. An ideal candidate will continue to grow in knowledge and expertise to be an ambassador for Pepper Bridge Winery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Seek to give every guest a top-tier experience
- Sell wine, experiences, and memberships with confidence, and impress customers with our quality and friendliness
- Know our wines, be able to give tours, and be able to answer questions about our operations and locations
- Maintain guest relationships, and learn to recognize repeat customers
- Keep up with daily duties
- Answer phones, make appointments, wash/polish glasses, restock wine, regular cleaning tasks, etc.
- Maintain working knowledge of neighboring tasting rooms, being prepared to give recommendations to support Washington wine and enhance the customers’ experience
- Continually work to understand new technologies, systems, & procedures and be able to navigate past any problems that arise
- Show flexibility for special projects
Requirements of the position
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Proficient POS (point of sale) skills—able to problem solve; basic computer skills
- Required to lift and move product weighing up to 50 pounds
- Required to engage in frequent walking and standing
- Must be available to work weekends and some evenings for special events
- MAST Class 12 Permit required
- Food Handlers Card required
Why Pepper Bridge Winery?
Being a benchmark winery in the Walla Walla Valley for sustainability, innovation, and collaboration, Pepper Bridge Winery is uniquely positioned to give its employees the tools they need to be leaders in their field, whether they are new to wine hospitality or already immersed in the culture.
Pepper Bridge Winery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
to apply, email introduction and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org